Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Butterfinger Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


"Nobody better lay a finger on my Butterfinger cookies!" At least that's what Bart Simpson would have said if he had a batch of these.

One of my favorite candy bars when I was a kid was Butterfingers. Not only because it's peanut butter and chocolate (which is like the greatest combo on earth), but you just can't beat that "crispety crunchy" texture. So, when I saw this recipe for Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cookies on Merlot's blog, Goddess of Baking, I just knew I had to make them.


I even had an excuse for baking (not that I need one of course) since my sister's birthday was coming up and all she requested was that I send her homemade cookies, lots and lots of cookies. Done!!! I ended up sending her a whole assortment and included at least a dozen of these in the package.

I'm telling you, you will love these cookies. They are wonderfully thick and chewy and full of yummy peanut buttery chocolatey flavor in every bite. Thank goodness I could send them off. Otherwise, I think I'd be tempted to eat them all myself. Yup, my sister's gonna devour these for sure.

Butterfinger Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Goddess of Baking)

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1/2 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1 Butterfinger bar (2.1 oz.), chopped

Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Beat peanut butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Reduce speed to low and add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.

Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped Butterfinger candy.

Scoop dough onto a prepared cookie sheet. Bake cookies until edges are golden brown, 12-15 min., reversing sheets halfway through. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets about 3 min., then transfer to a wire rack and cool.

10 comments:

  1. Useful informative blog on baking cookies. Thanks for sharing great information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo..I'd love to get my hands in those cookies. Looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband LOVES Butterfingers...he would love these cookies too. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is SINGULARLY Yum! I am so going to make this one, and ASAP. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Butterfinger cookies sound like a double treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want one of these! Or maybe 6 of them. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, Butterfinger is my favorite candy bar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa,
    Wow, this is a great cookie recipe. I just love Butterfinger candy bars and this would be a great recipe for me to try. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete